Postdoctoral Researcher, Computational Research Division
Affiliation and Research Interests
I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Center for Computational
Sciences and Engineering (CCSE) in the
Computational Research Division
of the Computing Sciences Area
at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Broadly, my research is on Decision Making under Uncertainty. More specifically, I work on various aspects of Stochastic Programming and Distributionally Robust Optimization and their applications to groundwater management, water allocation, and energy problems.
As a part of the research, I work on Feedforward Neural Networks such as multilayer perceptron and Convolutional Neural Network to generate future scenarios for future decision making.
I am involved in two projects
Enabling Water-Energy Decision Support Using Watershed-scale Surrogate Models (LRDR) and
Institute for the Design of Advanced Energy Systems (IDAES).
The latter project develops python application with pyomo
(pyomo: a collection of Python software packages for formulating optimization models).
I received my PhD in Operations Research from the Ohio State University in May 2019.
My dissertation research studied stochastic optimization, particularly variance reduction for sequential sampling procedure in stochastic programming and data-driven distributionally robust optimization with applications in water resources management.
- J. Mueller, J.Park, R. Sahu, C. Varadharajan, B. Arora, B. Faybishenko, and D. Agarwal. Surrogate optimization of deep neural networks for groundwater predictions.Under revision, 2020
- J. Park, R. Stockbridge, and G. Bayraksan. Variance reduction for sequential sampling in stochastic programming. Under revision, 2020
- J. Park and G. Bayraksan. A multistage distributionally robust optimization approach to water allocation under climate uncertainty. Submitted for publication,2020
- J. Park and G. Bayraksan. Simple estimators of value of data and price of data for data-driven distributionally robust optimization. Working Paper, 2020
- Simple estimators of value of data and price of data for data-driven distributionally robust optimization. In INFORMS Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA, October 20-23, 2019.
- Variance reduction for sequential sampling in stochastic programming. In INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, November 4-7, 2018.
- Data-driven distributionally robust water allocation under climate uncertainty. In INFORMS Annual Meeting, Houston, TX, October 22-25, 2017.
- Variance reduction for sequential sampling in stochastic programming. In INFORMS Computing Society Conference, Austin, TX, January 15-17, 2017.
- Variance reduction for sequential sampling in stochastic programming. In INFORMS Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, November 13-16, 2016.
- Variance reduction techniques for sequential sampling methods in stochastic programming. In INFORMS Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, November 1-4, 2015.
- An exponentially weighted moving average chart using multiple hypothesis testing. In 17th Conference on The Korean Institute of Plant Engineering, Pohang, South Korea, November 15-16, 2012.
- A multivariate process control scheme using multiple hypothesis testing. In The Joint Conference of Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society and Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Gyeongju, South Korea, May 10-11, 2012.