Postdoctoral Researcher, Applied Mathematics and Computational Research Division
I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Center for Computational
Sciences and Engineering (CCSE) in the
Computing Sciences Area
at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
1 Cyclotron Rd.
Berkeley, CA 94720
Please visit my website for more information.
- H. Klion, R. Jambunathan, M. E. Rowan, E. Yang, D. Willcox, J.-L. Vay, R. Lehe, A. Myers, A. Huebl, W. Zhang, Particle-in-Cell Simulations of Relativistic Magnetic Reconnection with Advanced Maxwell Solver Algorithms. Accepted for publication in the Astrophysical Journal, [arxiv]
- H. Klion, A. Tchekhovskoy, D. Kasen, A. Kathirgamaraju, E. Quataert, R. Fernández (2022) The impact
of r-process heating on the dynamics of neutron star merger accretion disc winds and their electromagnetic
radiation. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 510, Issue 2, p. 2968
- H. Klion, P. Duffell, D. Kasen, E. Quataert (2021) The Effect of Jet-Ejecta Interaction on the Viewing Angle Dependence of Kilonova Light Curves. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 502, Issue 1, p. 865
- P. Duffell, E. Quataert, D. Kasen, H. Klion (2018) Jet Dynamics in Compact Object Mergers: GW170817 Likely had a Successful Jet. The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 866, Issue 1, Article ID 3
- H. Klion and E. Quataert (2017) A Diagnostic for Localizing Red Giant Differential Rotation. Monthly
Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society Letters, Volume 464, Issue 1, p. L16
- E. Quataert, R. Fernández, D. Kasen, H. Klion, B. Paxton (2016) Super-Eddington Stellar Winds Driven
by Near-Surface Energy Deposition. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 458,
Issue 2, p. 1214
- J. Fuller, H. Klion, E. Abdikamalov, C. D. Ott (2015), Supernova Seismology: Gravitational Wave Signatures of Rapidly Rotating Core Collapse. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 450, Issue 1, p. 414
- E. Abdikamalov, C. D. Ott, D. Radice, L. F. Roberts, R. Haas, C. Reisswig, P. Moesta, H. Klion, E. Schnetter (2014), Neutrino-driven Turbulent Convection and Standing Accretion Shock Instability in Three-Dimensional Core-Collapse Supernovae. The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 808, p. 70.